Enhanced Community Care Management (ECCM) is a non-billable service offered for Highmark Medicare Advantage, Highmark Individual Affordable Care Act (ACA), and HealthyWay members to support the most complex and vulnerable patients. The goal of the program is to help our members live their best lives possible while maintaining their independence in the community.
The ECCM team of health care professionals works in collaboration with a patient's primary care physician (PCP), specialists, pharmacists, and others to coordinate care including but not limited to:
- Identifying barriers that are impeding a patient from self-management of their chronic condition
- Assistance with understanding their disease and diagnosis
- Help with understanding test results and what to expect from upcoming procedures
- Whole-person advanced care planning
- Assistance with decision making, clarifying care priorities, and helping match treatment and services to these goals
- Support with medication management
- Assistance with social determinants of health
The ECCM interdisciplinary team of clinicians and care coordinators are highly trained in health literacy and motivational interviewing which provides a unique approach to care by helping patients identify small steps that can lead to successful management of their medical conditions.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ECCM PROGRAM
Please refer appropriate patients to ECCM through any of these channels:
ECCM Referral Form
Last updated on 1/25/2022 2:46:40 PM